Friday, July 16, 2010

Photo Friday-A Hodge Podge of Random Updates

It's hard to believe that we are already in the middle of summer! Before I know it, it will be time to buy school supplies and new shoes. I'm doing my best not to think about it, so please don't inform me when August hits. I just don't want to know.
For now, I can reflect a bit on how we've spent the first part of our summer. I don't have photos to cover everything, but I'll do the best I can. (That camera really has taken a bit of a hiatus. I leave it out on the counter, but it's not doing me any good there, either.)
First, we've been spending a lot of time in the pool. Well, the girls and I have been spending a lot of time in the pool. We go in while Robbie is taking his nap so I don't have to juggle him or try to keep him off the super hot concrete. Both girls are also on swim team. Well, Padyn is on it and Kate is doing the "mini" program offered to younger siblings. It has been the greatest thing ever for her. After one day, ONE, she decided she could swim by herself, without her inner tube. And now she's a fish. She loves swimming. It truly is a summer miracle. And Padyn will participate in her first swim meet tomorrow. She's still a bit reluctant, but because cousin Bella is doing it, Padyn will, too. Sometimes peer pressure does work in your favor.
We've been spending our later afternoons inside the house, getting on each other's nerves. Here Kate is bugging Robbie by sitting in his chair. You can see his little feet there. I think he was yelling at her to get out. Right after is when I took these pictures of him standing up in it.Currently, Robbie loves to climb. You saw the trampoline pictures. Those were taken on Wednesday. Yesterday he climbed up onto Kate's bed. The bed! Waiting for his sisters to finish gymnastics today, he crawled back and forth between two folded up mats...up, down, up down....giggle, repeat. I wonder what it will be tomorrow...will I come into the kitchen only to find him already in his high chair? Probably not too far off, that one.
He loves to climb up on the little blue couch and hang out. Here he is perfecting his hang out pose. He even has the remote. All he needs is a beer.We've been fruit picking several times. Here the girls were trying to figure out which peaches were ripe and which weren't. They weren't very good at it. They should stick to blackberries.
Not pictured: Our house is being taken over by ants. Today they are coming in from the attic. They have made a hole in my ceiling (a hole that seems to be getting larger), are crawling into my kitchen, down the side of the fridge, and disappearing underneath. I can't tell what they are after. I put one of those bait things on top of the fridge and they have finally discovered it. I'm sure I'll have many more tomorrow and then by Sunday they should be petering out. That hole is going to continue to bug me, though.

One really nice thing about summer...everyone is sleeping in. It's quite a dream. Due to that, we have some pretty late breakfasts. (I mean, like 8:30, 9am late. Not like college student late). Here's a random breakfast picture. I don't know why Kate dragged her blanket out or why Robbie is on the floor instead of in his high chair. Padyn lost her third tooth on July 3rd. She didn't put it under her pillow until the 4th, and then the tooth fairy forgot to come! The next night the tooth fairy left a note with the $2 explaining that her not coming was due to the fireworks. I'm not sure if Padyn bought it or not. This picture is right before it came out. I don't think I have one yet of the hole itself.
And lastly, Robbie turns 15 months old tomorrow. 15 months, and finally, he will eat a banana. What a weird kid. I mean, just because I don't like them doesn't give him a reason not to eat them, right? I thought all children loved bananas!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Erin said...

LOVE the picture of Robbie sitting on the blue couch. That one is hilarious! I really wish my girls would take to swimming like yours. I mean, I know you said K just discovered that she really wanted to swim, but still. She's doing it! My two are still afraid of putting their heads under. Avery's not so bad, but Callie is just plain scared. I want them to at least know what to do if they fall into water and can't touch the bottom. Hasn't clicked yet.