Saturday, October 04, 2008

I'm a Big Girl Now

Kate will tell you today that she is potty trained.

If peeing on the potty 5 times and pooping on it twice in one day is potty training, then bring on the Dora underwear.

Well, I wouldn't go that far just yet. But she was amazing today. We haven't pushed the whole potty issue yet with her (even though she did turn 2 and 1/2 yesterday), but we haven't been ignoring her requests to practice using the toilet, either. At least once a day for the past couple weeks she'll say she has to go on the potty. She hardly ever goes, but hey, you have to learn somehow, right?

But today. Today she was spot on almost every time. I think she only peed in her diaper twice and once was because I won't take her to the bathroom since we were in a restaurant and there was a line. I didn't even have to ask her if she needed to go. She just would tell us she had to go, then we'd go, and she'd go. We were blown away. And the cutest part is when she's done she's SOOOOO proud of herself she can hardly stand it. She comes running up to you and throws herself into your legs for a big bear hug. Half the time she says, "Mommy, you so poud (proud) of me!" It isn't a question.

But, today is just one day. We'll see how she does tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. It could all be a fluke.

But just in case it's not, I did wash her new Dora and Jasmine underwear tonight.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

I am SOOO jealous! Charlotte hasn't shown the least bit of interest in going potty. If I ask if she wants to sit on her special potty, she says with incredible determination, "No! I don't LIKE it!"

Way to go Kate!

Erin said...

Yay, K! Way to go! Hope this is the start of NO MORE DIAPERS!!

Ro said...

Brandon use to tell me he had to use the potty - and he'd go. Before we knew it he was pottytrained. Nap and nighttime diapers were long gone before the age of three. Caitlin tells me she has to go potty - and she goes. She tells me she has to go poo poo - and she goes. Then she'll just go in her diapers! It's going to be a longer road with her. I hope that Kate is more like Brandon. It was a shock. It was a surpise. And it was waaaay easier!