Thursday, May 07, 2009

Updates

I know it's been a number of days since I posted anything, so I thought I'd take a few minutes to type a photo-free post highlighting some of the things we've been up to this week...I'm tired, so I'm sure it won't be very long or detailed. Just the bullets, please.

* As of last Sunday night, we are living in the new house, and for not having a kitchen and only having one bathroom, I would say it's going very well. Daddy doesn't think he is getting as much done with us here, but I'm so glad to not be making the 30 minute drive each way every day that it's worth the cost.

* We do miss Auntie, though. But I think she's happy to have her house and TV back.

* Padyn told her teacher that we had moved into our new house, but that (and I quote), "It's not very organized." Always the diplomat.

* I wouldn't say we are really "moved in." Most of the stuff we own is still in storage. But we have most of our furniture with us. There are a few more boxes I have to go look for...mainly baby stuff. We can't find the swing. Must find the swing.

* I haven't written a single thank you note yet. So, if you are one of my wonderful friends or family member who sent me boy clothes or a gift or brought us a meal, THANK YOU. I am grateful, even if I can't show it properly.

* Robert was 6 pounds, 8 ounces at his appointment on Monday. At the rate he's going, he's gaining about 5 ounces a week.

* Last night was the first time he slept in his bassinet for the entire night. No, he didn't sleep through night...he's too young for that. I mean he didn't sleep with me in my bed. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

* His favorite place to sleep is still anyone's chest.

* Nursing is going fine and he's pooping up a storm. His eyes are still a bit yellow, but the jaundice is clearing up.

* Padyn and Kate love holding their baby brother. Kate is very concerned about when he will walk and when he will have teeth. The no teeth thing really confuses her.

* Kate also seems to be confused about our housing situation. She keeps talking about when we move out of our new house, we will move back to Auntie's. I don't know how Auntie feels about that...

* I'm tired, Daddy's tired, and because we don't have proper curtains up yet, the girls are getting up too early and they are tired. I think Robbie's the only well rested one in our family.

* And because I'm tired, that's all for now.

2 comments:

Erin said...

Avery loved snuggling and sleeping on any available chest, too! I'm glad you're mostly moved in. Here's to finding the swing. NOW. (I know that feeling...)

Stacey said...

I actually have a thank you note to you sitting on my counter... It was supposed to be delivered with the dinner I brought. So let's just make a deal: Don't waste time writing me a note, I will save a stamp and not mail mine to you, and we will BOTH know that we are eternally grateful to each other. Sound ok???