Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summerdarts

Padyn started swim team this summer. It started this week and everyday she's been going to an hour long "practice." While she's one of the youngest in the pool, and certainly one of the least experienced swimmers, she seems to be having the best time out there in the cold pool.
I don't have any photos of her actually swimming yet, but here are some from Tuesday morning. We decided that pigtails are the best swim practice hair style. She really wants a cap, but I haven't found one that will stay on her head yet.

She is still working on her side breathing, so they don't have her swimming the length of the pool yet with freestyle. She can swim it with a modified breaststroke pull or with the kickboard. To say I'm proud of her is an understatement. I'm so impressed that she gets in that big pool Monday morning without hesitation. Not that I'm really surprised...it could very well be genetic.
I'd say she's pretty proud of herself, too.

No comments: