Monday, May 05, 2008

Me, Too!

Kate is all about copying her big sister these days. Of course, Padyn usually finds this highly annoying. Actually, it's more than annoying. She thinks that Kate is doing it on purpose to piss her off. I've tried to explain to her that this is just not true...it will be another year or so before Kate comprehends that it is a fun game to irritate her older sis in this manner.

But yesterday, they found a way to make the repeating fun for both of them. I have no idea where they learned it, but it started something like this:

Mommy: Who wants peanut butter toast?

Padyn: I do!

Kate: I do, too!

P: I do three!

K: I do four!

P: I do five!

K: I do sis!

P: I do seven!

K: I do a!

P: I do nine!

K: I do ten!

This continued to twenty. I don't know what's more impressive; the fact that they discovered this age old childhood game themselves, or that my two year old can count to twenty.

No comments: