Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Wanna be a Cowgirl

Now, I've known for some time that Padyn is predisposed to be a cowgirl. You can't argue with evidence. But I didn't know: A-How serious she was...and B-that she even knew what a cowgirl might do...until our conversation in the car yesterday.

P-Mommy, I don't want to be a mommy when I get older. I want to be a cowgirl.

M-Ok. You can be whatever you want to be when you are older.

P-When I'm a cowgirl, will I still be in your family?

M-Do you mean, will you still live at home? Probably not. You probably won't want to live at home anymore. But you'll always be in my family. I'm your mommy. You're always going to be in my family.

P-I'm going to be a cowgirl and lasso cows. Can you lasso people, too?

M-Well, I guess you could, but it really isn't a good idea. You might hurt them. (Then worried that she'd feel sorry for the cows...)But cows are stronger and it doesn't hurt them (as much) to be lassoed.

P-I'm going to lasso bad cows, Mommy. So, when you have a bad cow, you just let me know. I'll take care of it for you.

M-Will do, Padyn. Will do.

So, if you have any bad cows out there roaming your neighborhood, you know who to call.

1 comment:

Ro said...

Darn! All we have here is wandering elk, mule deer, and bears. I guess Padyn will have to elsewhere to wrangle those bad cows!