Friday, April 03, 2009

Photo Friday-Kate's 3rd Birthday

Today is Katelyn's 3rd birthday. Well, officially it is anyway. We aren't tell her that today is her birthday. We are pretending next Wednesday, the 8th, is her birthday. That' when we are having her little playgroup birthday party. I didn't want to confuse the situation or let her think her birthday should last all week long. And honestly? I'm lazy and didn't want to make two cakes. So, as far as she is concerned, her birthday is a few days away yet.

But, for the purposes of the blog, and particularly since it is Photo Friday, I thought I'd better recognize today for what it really is. Here's a brief look back at Kate's previous birthday days, starting from the very first one...

And then she turned one...

Suddenly, the terrible twos hit...
(that is chocolate frosting from her birthday cupcakes)
And here we are today at 3...




Happy Birthday, Super Girl. We love you.

And Happy Friday to all of you.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Funny... We did the same thing with Charlotte since her birthday was yesterday! Scott was a little concerned that we weren't celebrating on the actual birthdate, but fortunately Charlotte didn't care. Adorable pictures of Baby Kate! I think I will copy your idea on my blog...

Hope you're hanging in there the last few weeks of pregnancy! Wanna get together this week? We have spring break this week and aren't going anywhere.

Erin said...

Happy birthday Kate! I hope you had a wonderful day (I know I'm a little late, sorry) and a great "birthday" on Wednesday. :)