Thursday, April 16, 2009

Waiting Game

Currently, I'm sitting on a very very uncomfortable hospital bed in the Labor and Delivery ward. My water broke last night at about 10pm. Well, I wouldn't say break as much as leak...anyways, at about midnight the midwife decided I should come in to be checked and make sure it really was my water. They wouldn't be terribly concerned except that a)I'm not quite "full term" (I'm 36 weeks instead of 37) and b) my Group B Strep test results have not come back yet. (I just took the test yesterday morning during my routine office visit.) Because of those two things, I have been at the hospital since 1am this morning. They won't let me leave.

Now, here's the catch. I'm not really in labor yet. They have let me wait awhile to see if contractions started on their own. They haven't. About 20 minutes ago they gave me a drug to try to kick things along without pitocin. So now I have to remain on this uncomfortable bed for another 2 hours while they monitor me and see if anything happens.

I'm bored.

But I know that in a few hours, I could be a long way from bored.

Or still bored.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Ro said...

You and your early kids! Chris S sent out an e-mail this morning letting us all know what was going on. I'm praying for a quick and easy labor and delivery. I have a feeling you won't be bored again for a very, very long time!

McReynolds Family said...

Bored, you really sound like a mom with her 3rd child on the way. Funny, without two kids to chase around and answer all their questions, life may seem boring. Praying for you!