Friday, September 04, 2009

Photo Friday: Home Improvement

I haven't posted pics of our remodel in a while and some of you have been asking, so since I didn't take many photos this week, I thought I'd take the time to show you what's been improving around here lately...

We now have rugs in the family room. Daddy is sad that his beautiful floor is partially covered, but the girls are really happy to have a softer spot to play. We still have a huge open space of floor (not pictured) that makes everyone happy. It's great for playing, dancing and general silliness AND we can still admire the floor's beauty and Daddy's hard work.
The kids' rug...We got our pool fenced this week. While it's ugly and the yard seems smaller now, I'm so happy to be able to send the kids outside without having to be out there every second. Just this morning, Kate went outside to play with playdough. Oh, happy day. And besides, it's mesh and it can come down. So, when we have a bunch of people over, we can just pop the poles out to make more room.
I've been working on the far corner of the kitchen. I moved the girls' couch and little TV in there and tried to make the corner cozy. Their little white table and craft supplies are also there. Eventually, I'd like to do some kind of built-in where they can do their homework, play games and hang out. Really, I just don't want all their stuff in the living room.As you can see by the minor disaster that is my living room/kitchen, I am slowly unpacking. We still have some things in storage, but I've been getting a few things out here and there. This week I have been looking for our silverware. I've gotten most of the kitchen boxes out of storage, but I still can't find it. And I'm tired of washing plastic utensils.
We also got a new kitchen table this week. I didn't take a picture of it, but trust me, it's beautiful. See? (Ok, that's so not my kitchen or table setting, but everything else is mine. We did get the bench...actually we got two. But we are keeping them in the entry way and will pull them up to the table as needed.)
And finally, since you don't want to just see my house, here are the two kids that didn't go to school today...

Happy Friday.

4 comments:

Mommy Jules said...

Fun update! Thanks so much for showing the house! The kitchen and family room look great--love the sectional and glass cabinet doors! The children are beautiful, too, of course! As a fellow former lifeguard, I am thrilled about the pool fence. As a mom, I am thrilled that you can send them outside for a while. Happy 3-day weekend!

mattozan said...

The house looks great! Good work!

Melissa Chuidian said...

House looks beautiful. Love the kitchen table. Where did you get it?

Erin said...

Wow, you've gotten a lot done. The table is beautiful! I'm envious that you have a pool, but not envious of the work that goes into keeping up a pool. But still. Yours looks very inviting.