Tuesday, November 03, 2009

All By Myself

Apparently my son can sit up by himself now. I didn't notice it until he was in my lap tonight. I let go to type something on the computer and he remained upright. So, I tested it out with the Boppee as support. Here's the proof...


He's six and a half months now.

Other updates...

At his 6 month check-up last week, Robbie weighed in at 16 pounds, 9 ounces. He is still in the 25th percentile for height and weight, but what do you expect from a kid who wanted to enter the world 4 weeks early?

We are now at two solid feedings a day...they consist of brown rice cereal, pears and bananas, or some combination of those three. He loves it. He is still getting 6 or 7 liquid feedings a day, as well. Talk about a lot of eating.

He's napping 3 or 4 times a day and is sleeping 8 hours at night. He's up for a feeding around 4 or 5 am, then back to sleep for another couple hours. The time change has shifted things for him a bit-he's very bright eyed and bushy tailed by 6:45am now. Mommy's not so thrilled about that.

He continues to love jumping in his exersaucer. I'll have to post the video I have of it. You'd swear he was going to launch himself right out of the thing.

He is into grabbing everything he can reach...he's particularly fond of my hair. He also puts everything in his mouth. But the upside of that is he's figured out how to get his pacifier into his mouth on his own. Now if he could only keep it there...

I know I seem rushed, but that's because he's lying here on the couch next to me yelling. It's bedtime. But I'll leave you with one last picture...

He was one tired Tigger Halloween night.

No comments: