Friday, November 06, 2009

Photo Friday-Pumpkin Carving

I waited until the very last minute to carve pumpkins this year. Maybe that's because I waited until the very last minute to buy said pumpkins. I didn't actually buy our future jack-o-lanterns on this trip to the pumpkin patch. I didn't manage to get back to a patch until Friday, October 30th. That's right...the day before Halloween. Surprisingly, many people apparently waited until the last minute as well. When the girls and I arrived at 5:30 last Friday evening, there were a ton of people at the patch. And they weren't just petting the farm animals and winding through the hay maze. They were also purchasing pumpkins. Needless to say, we waited at least 20 minutes in line to pay for ours. But, in the end, I think it was worth it. The girls were pretty happy with how their pumpkins turned out. Here's the photo breakdown...

Upon arriving at the impossibly crowded pumpkin patch, the girls and I spent the first few minutes conquering the hay pyramids.The next morning (yes...we didn't carve until Halloween morning), we set up shop in the front yard while the baby took an excessively long nap. Each girl picked a pattern out of one of those carving kits and Mommy got to work. I have to say, Padyn did an impressive job scraping out her pumpkin. Kate took a few stabs at it and then left the rest to me. She was more concerned with washing the other pumpkins.
And here we are with our creations...
On display Halloween night. First, with the flash... ...and here without the flash.
We didn't get many trick or treaters. Possibly they all came earlier when we were on the other side of town with our friends. So, if you come over sometime during the next few months, expect to be offered candy. We have lots of candy.
I just realized there are no pictures of young Robert in this post! So, here's a random one of the boy...

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I think you actually did pretty good. I totally forgot to carve our pumpkins this year. What is sad is that I really needed an afternoon activity on Halloween and couldn't think of one. HELLO!?!