Friday, June 11, 2010

Photo Friday-Last Day of School!

Today was the first day of summer vacation, which means that yesterday was the last day of school! I swear, it totally snuck up on me and caught me all off guard. I really felt like I was teaching again...I was all emotional all day and sad for my girls that they would not have these same teachers again...I was quite pathetic. The girls? They were pretty happy about the occasion...

Katelyn with Teacher T...
...and Teacher M.
Katelyn was all smiles and bounces yesterday. She loves school, but she also loves the idea of summer vacation. Not that she really knows what it is yet, but she assures me that she LOVES summer! She's been asking non-stop over the last couple weeks, "Is it summer yet?"
Padyn with Mrs. D...
and Mrs. F. We are so sad that Mrs. F is retiring this year and we won't be able to see her on a regular basis again. She was really a great teacher for Padyn. Both of her teachers were. They gently pushed Padyn with regards to her social shyness, and she really grew academically under their care. I will miss them, too.
But Padyn was especially sad yesterday that her good buddy is getting on a plane tomorrow and moving to Virginia. It's been very troubling for her over the last few weeks. It breaks my heart.
Fortunately for her, her cousin Bella just moved into town, and her best bud, Corinne is coming home from her six month stint in Australia in less than a month! (Mommy pretty excited to have her friend coming home, too.) Her sadness should not linger too long. Cause really, that's no way to start the summer...
Happy Friday and HAPPY SUMMER VACATION!!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

We said goodbye to really good friends who moved to Virginia, too. I am still sad I can't walk three houses down and go talk to her. And I miss the kids coming to our house to play.

The Captain said...

Really cute pictures! The girls are growing so FAST!Very sad for P.that her friend moved.So nice to have you and your clan feeling better again. You are a GREAT MOM.