Tuesday, June 29, 2010

W Girls Visit Day 2-Part II

Despite the 100 plus degree weather yesterday, and against my better judgement, we spent the day outside. Fortunately, I didn't take my own advice, because we all have a fabulous time at FairyTale Town and the zoo. Neither is a very large place and both have plenty of shade trees, so we were only moderately hot and sweaty through out the day. I don't think the girls really noticed. They had too much fun exploring, pretending to be princesses and pirates, and watching Jinnga, the baby tiger, play with her momma. Well, you don't have to take my word for it. I think the photos speak for themselves...

Yeah! Fairytale Town!In this pen behind the girls are two sheep. And see that little school house? You guessed it...this was Mary's school and those were her lambs.
"Hello, and welcome to 'Straight Talk.' We're your hosts, Padyn and Coley."We were being quite politically incorrect here... So cute are these girls...Owl's house, like in Whiny they Pooh. Do you see who's missing? Kate apparently still doesn't really like slides. She refused to go down any. These stairs led up to a windy metal slide. Good thing it was in the shade. The girls wanted to wear their princess gear to the park, but I was too worried about them overheating. We let them bring it instead, and put it on for pictures with Cinderella's carriage. Jalyn didn't want to bring one, which is why she refused to get in this photo. When Coley saw this photo this morning she said, "I'm Cinderella and they are my stepsisters!" I don't think Padyn and Kate mind being the stepsisters.My favorite part of this photo is Jalyn standing in the background. I think she was a little upset that she decided not to bring a dress. I didn't know she hadn't brought one until we got to the park, or I would have made sure I stashed an extra in the bag. You know that little people always change their minds. Oh well.
I'm toying with the idea of giving up my mini van for a carriage.Say cheese!Ahoy, Matey!
Oh yes. I have another child. He spent the entire time we were in FTT in the car (with Daddy), taking a nap. He wasn't really happy about waking up in his carseat.And onto the zoo!I love Kate's face as the little joey. I love these girlies...BFFs...What do you do after a hard day like that? Pile onto a Daddy's lap for storytime before bed...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Fairytale Town??!! How cool is that! Man, how I wish we could get all 6 of our girls together (and our two boys). The girls would have so much fun, I bet. Looks like you guys had a great visit!