Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mo' Money

Today I (stupidly) let Padyn play with this spelling dice game that I bought to use sometime in the future when I go back to working in a classroom. I didn't want her to play with it by herself, but she was constantly bugging me about wanting it, wanting it, wanting it...so I let her play with it with her older (3rd grade) cousin. I figured Kellie would be more responsible and the dice would be more likely to end up back in the jar.

You know what's coming...OF COURSE one die was missing within 5 MINUTES of them playing with it. I made them search high and low and no die could be found. So, I did what any responsible, yet highly irritated Mommy would do. I told her I'd take the money out of her piggy bank to replace the game. (These were not cheap dice. Mommy was pissed, mostly at myself because I knew I shouldn't have let her play with it).

She got upset and pretended to cry for a few minutes then went back to searching for the lost die.

A few minutes later she came up to me. With a big smile plastered across her face, she said the greatest thing I've heard all day...

It's OK if you take money out of my piggy bank because I don't really know how to use money.

Maybe I need to think of a new consequence.

sidenote-the die was later found in the shoe of her other older cousin. How it got in his shoe, no one claims to know. I'm just happy it was found.

No comments: