Saturday, January 22, 2011

Photo Saturday-Roaring Camp

I apologize for not posting photos yesterday, but I knew I would get several excellent ones today on our adventure, so I made you all wait. And so now, you may witness our day at Roaring Camp. We met up with some of my college roomies, one of whom was passing through from So Cal on their way to visit family in the Bay Area. So, those of us in Nor Cal rushed down to Santa Cruz this morning so we could have some time together.

Here's our quick lunch before boarding the train. Ten kids, all between 7 and 6 months. So. Much. Fun.
All aboard. We sat on the "wet" side of the train, but no one really noticed their wet bottoms.



Mommy and Juls...
Sach and Jack...
Picture perfect afternoon...
Through the trees...
A boy and a train...
Taking a break from the train...
Here they are all...all ten of them. And, of course, Chris. He was our only Daddy that could come today. He had to be in the picture or else we couldn't get baby Ryan in the shot. And yes, this is the best photo. Have you ever tried to take a picture of ten children? The next one in the serious has a kid running away and the following one has a child crying, I think.Ready to head back to the station...
Train trestle. Thanks for taking the pic, Chris.
This was slightly creepy, so I had to get a shot of it. I'm pretty sure this dude works for Roaring Camp, but in this neck of the woods, you never really know...
Showing off its steam...
I think she had a good time...
Back at the station, we had a little play time before heading home...
Our boys in orange...Brother Bear and Robbie.
Show much fun on the tree...
This was pretty fun. Both Calvin and Robbie brought some cars along to play with. Without any adult intervention, they lined them up opposite each other on the edge of the horseshoe sandbox. Then they stared at each other, as if daring the other to go first. They didn't actually play together. They just stared for a while. I love boys.

Thanks, Juls for organizing. We had such a great day. I love you all!
Happy Saturday.

2 comments:

Susan said...

J.E.A.L.O.U.S! Looks like a great reunion in a perfect spot. Wish we could have added to the numbers.

Mommy Jules said...

Thanks for posting these great pictures. I had such a great day with all of you!! I love you, too!