Sunday, April 20, 2008

Testing the Waters

Padyn has been busting out with some fabulous new vocabulary lately. She's trying out new words that she's heard somewhere, but is unsure of their correct usage. I love how she is tentative and proud of herself at the same time. She'll say something while looking down, then slide her eyes over my way with a shy little smile, checking to see if she's used it correctly and looking for my approval.

At the moment I can only remember two, but I know there was another one yesterday...

While looking at a women's clothing catalog: "Mommy, these girls are style!"

I checked in with her...she meant stylish.

In the bathtub, playing with bathtub paint that made bubbles: "Mommy, these are seductive bubbles."

Ok, now that one I was a bit worried about. Because really, what 4 year old knows the word seductive and who is saying that around her? But when I asked her what she meant, her explanation was even more bizarre...

"That means you have a party and everyone in the neighborhood comes over to your house."

Hmmm...maybe it's the bath paint fumes.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I think she's been secretly watching Desperate Housewives...

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

OK, I laughed out loud at seductive. Seriously. That is FUNNY.