Friday, September 29, 2006

Another Fun Story

This morning I walked in on Padyn spraying the sliding glass door in the family room with her water bottle. Apparently she was showing off her spraying skills to Katelyn who was lying next to the window. I had just walked out of the room for 30 seconds to get Padyn some socks and when I returned the entire window was wet. I wasn't too annoyed. It was just water on glass. But I still mildly scolded her (because it could have been my piano!) and gave her a paper towel to wipe it up. She made a few swipes, then bent down and wiped Kate's head. I was about to walk away when-wait a minute. Kate's head? I walked over and asked "Did you spray Kate also?"

No hesitation, "Yes Mommy."

I picked up little Katie-whose head was soaking wet and who was looking very confused as she blinked up at me-and scolded Padyn for spraying her sister. She was appropriately contrite as she told me that she would have to ask Kate before she could spray her.

Then I turned around so that Padyn couldn't see me trying desperately not to bust up laughing. Because sometimes, when they do things they shouldn't, it's too damn funny.

As this was occurring, I was reminded of this post The Girls' Moma posted also concerning water and her two girls.

3 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

That's so funny! Poor Kate! And I thought of exactly that incident with Jayjay and Coley, too.

But hey, at least she was hydrated.

Cozy Mom said...

I'm laughing so hard that tears are coming down my face. Kate is so even tempered, she never would have told on her sister. Good thing you don't have to add Conidtioner to that bottle like we do for Bella. Kate would have been wet and slippery.

threeforme said...

Wet and slippery Kate. Now that would be funny.