Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Peace and Quiet

It's been quiet around this blog for a week because we've been out of town. We headed up to the mountains to sit around and appreciate Lake Tahoe for an extended weekend. We were looking forward to the crisp fall days, the relaxation, cute pictures being taken of the girls for the blog, the grandparents being there to watch the kids when we wanted to go out or take a nap. Best laid plans and all that...

Yes, the sitting around happened. And the naps. Why? Because both girls decided they just didn't want to sleep well at night. Especially Katelyn. Especially Katelyn. She must have been awake almost every hour. The last night was better. She didn't wake up after midnight until 6am. But between 7pm and midnight? Every hour. The other nights? Pretty much every hour. I think her longest stretch was 3 hours. And that was in bed with me. I don't know about you, but I just don't sleep that good with a baby sleeping right up against me. (Whenever I tried to scoot away to get some space, she would follow me so she could be right up against me. Eventually I was on the edge of the bed with no where else to go.)

All in all, it was a very pleasant weekend. After it stopped SNOWING on Friday, the weather eventually warmed up to a balmy 60 degrees. Joel, Grandpa and Padyn hit the Reno Air Races on Saturday and enjoyed the "zooming" of the airplanes (Padyn's description, not mine). Padyn got to throw lots of rocks in the lake and I showed her how to build a sand castle. We took naps everyday while the girls slept (although, again, sometimes Kate's naps were right next to me.) We enjoyed hanging out with Grandpa and Mimi and celebrating Grandpa's birthday. (Padyn was upset that there was no party or cake.)

We got home last night and both girls went right to bed at 7:30. Didn't hear a peep from Kate until 4am and Padyn until 7:15 when the music went on. Sometimes, it's really nice to be home.

post script-Don't hold out for pictures. I took a fat total of 5 over the five days. I was just too tired.

No comments: