Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Counter

Did you notice I added a counter to my blog? Over there on the bottom of the sidebar? (I mean, besides you, Suz.)

I may have to get rid of it. I'm becoming obsessed with it.

I never cared before who was reading my blog or how many hits I got a day. I'm writing this stuff for myself and my kids, right? Memories and all that?

Now? That the counter is in my life? I have to check it everyday to see how many people have viewed my blog. I'm disappointed when I get less than 30 hits in a day. I wonder why Sunday was busy but Monday wasn't. Did people think I wrote something lame and don't want to come back?

I compare it with my friends who have counters on their blogs. I wonder why they are more popular than me. Are their kids cuter? Are they marketing their blog better? What do they have that I don't?

I am driving myself CRAZY.

Really, who the heck cares?

I'm just not going to look anymore.

Until tomorrow.

5 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I know what you mean about the counter. I check mine a lot too.

Ok, so I'm going to break your heart, here. You have yours set to count page views rather than unique hits. So if I look at more than one page, it counts each one. If you really want to know the number of people who hit it, you have to change it to unique views.

Did I just break your heart?

Don't compare it to mine. I've had my counter going since April 2004. That's a heckuva long time.

threeforme said...

Well, it's only sort of broken. I'm still trying to figure out if I really care of not.

Susan said...

I love my counter too- in the same way! Nothing more fun than seeing how many new hits. My mom broke my heart too when she mentioned that she visited my site at least 10 times a day- then my sister said the same thing. So I guess I know who viewed my site 20 times yesterday!

threeforme said...

suz,
maybe that's why you have more than me!

vasilisa said...

The counter is a horrible invention. Whithout it you can tell yourself that you get a million hits a minute... which is what I'm doing. I mean, I just started, so I periodically check the stats, but mostly I avoid them, cause I know my parents check to see their grandson's pictures and that makes me pretty happy.