Sunday, January 28, 2007

It will either be a long night or a REALLY long night.

We did it. We don't know how smart it is, but we did it anyway. We put Padyn and Katelyn in the same room tonight. It's more of a trial run than anything else. Padyn is sleeping on the floor in her Dora inflatable ready bed while her real bed sits ready and waiting in her room in case she needs to return to it in the middle of the night.

Considering I was up with both of them 5 times between 4 and 6am this morning, I'm not counting on it being much better tonight. But, hey, with the two of them in the same room, maybe I won't be up quite as much. They will wake each other up and instead of visiting their separate rooms an hour apart, I'll hit them both at the same time, thereby maximizing my sleep. And maybe that really was a pig I saw in the sky earlier today. Seriously, we are hoping being in the same room lessens the amount of times Padyn calls out for us at night. Lately she's been waking up scared of her dreams and not wanting to go back to sleep. For some reason she finds comfort in having her baby sister in the same room. Whatever works for her, I'm willing to try.

Kate has a tooth coming in that is bugging her and Padyn somehow managed to leak out her diaper and soak her bed last night. Thankfully Joel was patient enough for both of us. He got the sheets changed and Padyn resettled while I was pissy over being awake again after finally managing to return to sleep after attending to Katelyn. Katelyn, who, by the way, now stands herself up in her crib the second her eyes open then cries until you come get her. 3:45am, 5:45am, 7am...I know she can get down. I've seen her do it elsewhere. She apparently refuses to do it in her bed. The bed wetting shouldn't be an issue tonight, but that pesky tooth will probably make itself known again. And the standing.

I'll let you know how it goes. Wish us luck. As it's 9pm, we best be off to bed. Who knows when we'll be up.

1 comment:

Ro said...

Brandon loves it when we all sleep in the same room together. It's only happened here once - during that miserable heat wave last summer. But it happens whenever we're at my parent's house. He thinks it's fun, and sleeps great. Odd.