Friday, January 19, 2007

We're Back

It's been quiet around here for two weeks. That's because we've been on vacation. In Hawaii. Where computers don't exist. Well, ok, wireless connections don't exist. Ok, ok...they do. They even did in one of the condos we stayed in, but general laziness abounds when I'm on vacation and I can hardly pick up the phone to check my messages at home, let alone fire up the computer and think of something witty to write.

No witty. Not tonight. It's midnight. But that's only 10pm Hawaii time. Wait, that's still my bedtime. Since I still have things to do (get sleeping baby out of carseat, into pjs and into bed...she didn't sleep AT ALL on the plane) I guess I'll tell you all about our fabulous vacation tomorrow.

I will leave with the list of things Katelyn did for the first time while we were on vacation. I should say, the things Katelyn now does regularly...

  • eats whole Cheerios without gagging, choking or vomiting (PHEW!)
  • "cruises" along the furniture
  • gets down by herself from standing and only occasionally lands too hard
  • says "Momma"
  • lifts her arms up when you say "How big is Katelyn? SOOO BIG!"
  • waves "Hi" unprompted

It's amazing how quickly she is growing.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Welcome home, can't wait to hear about your vacation!

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Thank goodness you're back! I was afraid you fell off the earth or something. I am literally in the middle of writing you a "Where are you?!?" email. Guess I'll rephrase that now...

McReynolds Family said...

You slacker! Kidding, just jealous of your beachy vacation in January!