Saturday, January 06, 2007

Peas! and Barley! and Chicken with Wild Rice!

My lament a few days ago concerning Katelyn's eating habits may no longer be valid. Just last night, she ate peas. Yes, real live actual whole peas. She had a bit of trouble keeping them in her mouth at first, but she persevered and managed to swallow a few. Eagerly. With no gagging. After that, I decided to try to hide some baby food that she wasn't eating in an oatmeal and banana mixture like I give her in the mornings. Mixed with the oatmeal and banana, she chowed down on the chicken with wild rice. Yes! Protein! Tonight I'm going to try it with the mixed vegetables she keeps spitting out.

And finally, right now she is eating barley from Padyn's chicken soup. They are slippery little buggers and she can't pick them up herself, so I put them in her mouth and she is happily chewing them up and swallowing them. In fact, she is getting mad at me as I stop to type because she wants MORE. And again...no gagging.

Hallelujah!Praise Be! We might just have an eater on our hands.

No comments: