Tuesday, August 07, 2007

She's a Natural

Padyn has reached a new era in swimming. She has figured out how to pick her head up, take a breath, put her face back in the water and continue swimming. She swam half the length of the pool today and back. By herself!

I didn't even have to get in the pool with her this afternoon. She jumped in off the side and swam to the steps herself. Repeatedly. She swam away from the steps, turned around, and swam back. She tried to do a back flip under water. She was not successful, but she tried...

Yesterday when she first demonstrated these new skills, I was on the edge of panic the entire time. But I kept checking with her, and she kept reassuring me that she could hold her breath that long and kept going.

Today she tried even more new tricks, but it was easier to sit on the side of the pool and watch.

She's so proud of herself. I'm so proud of her, too.

1 comment:

Mommy Jules said...

That is so exciting!