Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Little Surprises

Katelyn is continually surprising us. Just when I think we have her figured out, she'll say something or do something that shocks us. Sometimes the surprises are pleasant, like her ability to say, "I love you, Mommy/Daddy/Padyn" unprompted. Other times, these new little gifts make me want to pull my hair out. Here's a short list of new accomplishments.

She can stand on her toes (without holding onto something for balance).

She clicks her tongue.

She can touch her head and toes when you sing, "Heads, Shoulders, Knees and Toes."

She knows most peoples' names and recognizes them on sight.

She hits other children in the face when they are trying to play with the same thing she is.

When I say "No hitting Mommy" she looks right at me and hits me even more.

She somersaults.

She climbs on the kitchen table.

She introduces strangers to us. When they look at her, she'll point to me and say, "Mommy." Then she'll point to Padyn and say, "Payee."

When entering the bathroom, I turned on the light..."Dank doo, Mommy, light on."

She doesn't like her sleeves rolled up. When I tried to roll them up this morning to keep her sleeves out of her peanut butter, she had a fit. I promptly unrolled them..."Dank doo, Mommy, wroar (roll), Mommy."

When Padyn is napping (or if she thinks the phantom baby in our house is sleeping)..."Shhh...baby."

I left my coffee cup on her dresser while I was putting her clothes away. I heard behind me "Copee (coffee), Mommy" and she was carrying my cup to me. You can guess that it ended up splashing on her and the floor. Fortunately, it was not hot anymore.

When playing in the tunnel, she sticks her face up against the fabric and says, "I tee (see) you, Mommy."

When she's trying to get my attention and I'm not looking right at her, she'll put her hands on my cheeks, forcibly turns my head, looks me in the eyes and say, "MOMMY!

There's more, but I didn't write them down, so that's enough for now. Eighteen months, and she's already quite a little girl.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, she's talking a lot! Avery's not nearly there yet.

Unknown said...

So I must confess...I've been slipping in the blog reading. I'm so busy learning about everything above the clavicle my nightly routine of reading the blog has been replaced with collapsing into bed and then being very confused how it's morning when I don't remember going to sleep. Don't worry...I'm going to bookmark the blog on my school computer. This can't happen again.

Ro said...

Caitlin's favorite phrase these days, besides "Bye Bye Brandon's school" is "Mommy coppy". Translation, "Mommy's coffee". I never leave the cup. I may never see it again!