Tuesday, October 09, 2007

She's a Carnivore!

As many of you know (because you hear me whine about it all the time) Kate seems to have some aversion to meat. There have been only limited times where she has actually consumed it. Very few times have we gotten her to take a bite or two of chicken nuggets. There was that freak incident in Chicago where she ate turkey lunch meat. Sometimes she seems to like bacon. But she has never eaten it consistently enough for me to feel confident she is getting enough protein. Hence, she eats yogurt EVERY NIGHT for dinner. Every single night. That has to get boring for her.

Well, over the last week or so we've noticed a slight shift. Every few days she decides she does indeed like turkey lunch meat and will eat a far amount of it. Then last week when I made a pretzel coated chicken breast. (I know, it sounds weird, but that Rachel Ray does know what she's talking about.) As I do every night, I offered Kate a sample from my plate. And she ate some. Then some more. And still more! She consumed almost as much chicken as her sister did. There was a catch, however. She would only eat it as long as I fed it to her. OK...I'll take that.

Last night she ate about 4 bites of hot dog. Absolutely unheard of in the past.

And tonight I grilled up some chicken. She ate it again! Twice in a row! That's completely unheard of in our world.

I see the light...she will eventually eat a variety of foods. It just might not be until she's in college.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I'm so friggin' jealous.