Monday, October 29, 2007

New Accomplishment

Now, Kate is doing something these days that she has never done before. It's one of the few things she is very late in developing. Padyn could do this at 7 or 8 months. I've known other kids who had this mastered even earlier than that. It's the one thing Kate has really been behind in.

Are you ready?

Here's Kate...sitting and watching TV. She will actually stay seated on the couch and watch a whole 8 minutes of television! Whoohoo! I can get my makeup on without her trying to rifle through my hairbrush drawer.

Currently, "Curious George" seems to be her favorite. Sometimes she likes to look at Clifford for a few minutes, but he can't hold her attention as long.

Me? Not that I want my kids to be obsessed with TV. Really, I don't. But most mornings, I just need a few childless moments to get myself ready to get out the door.

I'll take what I can get.

2 comments:

Ro said...

I feel you pain! Try "Toddler Tunes" by Cedarmont Kids. Brandon received it as a birthday gift a mere 6 weeks ago. Caitlin loves it so much that she asks for it by name! Several times per day! This is the first video/DVD/Anything(!) that she watches for more than 5 minutes at a time. Something about little kids singing really fascinates her. It's half an hour of bliss for me, 45 minutes if you let them sit through the commercial videos (promoting more DVD's). Brandon - he'll watch anything I let him watch. Caitlin has been another story altogether! I think we're going to have to buy another one before we trek out to Cali in December!

Erin said...

Gah! Avery's still not there yet. Soon, I'm hoping to use the bathroom without her stuck to me like glue. Although she likes Diego because of all the clapping and Baby Jaguar.

And using TV for a few precious minutes alone is NO PROBLEM for me. :)