Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mindblowing

I just realized that Katelyn will be 1 year old a week from today.

One week. Seven days. I have no idea how many hours, minutes, or seconds that is, but I'm sure it would still not sound right.

How can she be turning one?

I usually think of her as "just a baby" until I start really looking at the things she's doing that aren't very baby-ish...

climbing onto her sister's bed...
pushing anything she can around the room (right this moment it's the laundry basket)...
recognizing people and squealing at delight (especially Daddy)...
holding something up to her ear and pretending to say "hello"...
throwing tantrums when she doesn't get her way...
wanting to play outside...
dancing to music in her toys...
trying to jump...
trying to climb up onto the couch (usually followed by one of those aforementioned tantrums)...

The year has gone by too fast. Who said that was o.k.? I don't remember giving her permission to grow-up so quickly.

At the same time, I'm really looking forward to seeing who this little girl becomes.

No comments: