Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Oh Yeah

My weekend? Fine, thank you. Yes, yes. Very fine.

What did I do, you ask? Well, let's see...it's hard to keep it all straight now...

There was the sleeping in. Yes, yes, that was very nice. Very nice, indeed.

Of course, there was the staying up late. Too late. But really? What's too late when you get to sleep in?

There was lounging. Definitely lounging. Mostly by the pool. Usually there was a book involved. And occasionally a beer.

Did I mention the dinners out? Without children? Where I got to enjoy my meal? On one occasion, for 2 hours! Have you ever heard of such a thing?

Oh, and there was some shopping. Remember shopping when you could take your time? Try things on? No one trying to climb out of the stroller or pulling things off the tables as you strolled by? It was like that.

Laughing. Screaming. Throwing of money and dice. There was quite a bit of that. There was even some birthday cake (made by me).

Wine. Did I mention the wine? And the Margaritas?

No scheduling of naps, meals, snacks, playtime or anything else for someone other than me.

Was I ready to come home? No, not really.

But when you get to come home to a fabulous husband and two beautiful girls, who, though not so elated as to be screaming in excitement at my arrival, were happy to see me after 2 1/2 days...it makes all that other stuff pale in comparison.

Well, maybe not pale. But certainly worth the trip back to reality.

1 comment:

KJBB said...

Beer, margaritas and lounging, oh my!! Congrats on the much-deserved time away. I hope you feel recharged and reenergized! And thanks for such a great blog...I love keeping track of P & K and getting a heads up about what's in store for us. :)