Sunday, March 09, 2008

Small Steps....or Pedal Pushes

Padyn started to ride her "big girl bike" this weekend. I just wanted to get that officially recorded so when she asks how old she was when she learned how to ride her bike, I can at least look back and have a truthful answer for her, as opposed to one I made up. (And she will ask because that's one of her favorite questions lately...Mommy, how old was I when I... OR Mommy, how old were YOU when...)

Now, I wouldn't say she is comfortable on the bike yet as evidenced by her less than one mile a day pace, but at least she'll ride without us holding onto the seat. And she rode it down the driveway into the street (safe) and she went on ahead of Kate and I down the path this afternoon and she's figured out how to get on and off it herself. We aren't quite ready to go out riding with friends yet, but progress is definitely being made.

I'll post pictures as soon as I take them. Cause really, you have to see this bike. It's a Barbie bike. What more could a 4 year old want?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Callie's just now been pedaling her bike forward instead of pressing backwards and making herself stop. But now she can get herself going without any help. P will get it so fast, one day you'll say "When did you learn how to do that?" Or maybe that was just me. I must not have been paying attention. :)

Stacey said...

Man, we miss you guys! We need to get Padyn on her Barbie bike and Scott on his Diego bike together...

threeforme said...

with Charlotte and Kate running screaming behind them...