Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Big Ears

I was talking to Ella's mommy a couple days ago on the phone. She was asking me how I was handling the whole kindergarten thing. I don't remember my exact words, but I'm sure it was something about how it scared me that Padyn was old enough to be in school everyday already. I was alone in the kitchen while having this conversation.

A few minutes after we hung up, Padyn walks in and very seriously says, "Mommy, I'm sorry you're scared of me going to kindergarten."

My reply (while trying not to laugh), "Oh honey, I'm not really scared. I just can't believe you are old enough to go to school everyday. I don't want you to grow up so fast. I want you to stay my little girl for longer...forever."

And what did the little fountain of wisdom have to say about that? "Well, Mommy. That's just life."

So it is...but how does she know that?

No comments: