Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Great Find

So, this morning Kate and I went to Ikea to look for duvet covers. As Kate is about to move into a real bed, I now need two matching comforters so the girls' room will look somewhat coordinated. (It will be difficult as it is in direct competition with all the books, clothes, papers and other crap that seem to be attracted to their bedroom floor, but I have to try.)

The duvet covers, they were cute, but they weren't the great find. No no...that was breakfast at Ikea. Seriously, you can get breakfast there. Are you ready for this? For as little as....$1! I got the regular breakfast, which came with scrambled eggs, 3 pieces of bacon, home fried potatoes and these french toast stick things. That came to a grand total of $2.16. That's cheaper than my half caff latte with whole milk. And it was TASTY! I was ready for it to be bland or greasey, but no. It was actually good. I'm thinking this should be our new ritual. Kate and I drop Padyn off at school, come home for a little clean up, then head to Ikea for breakfast at 10. Totally cheaper than Starbucks every day.

(Not that I go to Starbucks every day. That would just be wrong.)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does Ikea open at 10am? Auntie

Erin said...

Breakfast? At Ikea? Why don't WE have one of those places here?! And mine and Avery's ritual while Callie was in preschool was cookie dough blast at Sonic (not every day but more than we should have)

Mommy Jules said...

who says going to Starbucks everyday is wrong?

threeforme said...

Yes, Ikea opens at 10am.

And going to Starbucks everyday is wrong for me because we try to support our local non-profit coffee shop that happens to have better coffee. (But Ikea would still be cheaper...)

And I should not be drinking that much coffee everyday.

Stacey said...

I have heard the food there is awesome, but haven't tried it! Unfortunately our Ikea is now about 30 minutes away, so it's hard to justify the savings on food in exchange for the gas...

We have to move Charlotte into a big girl bed too. The problem is, she will have to share a room with Scott for a while. At least it isn't too hard for you to coordinate 2 girls beds. Scott has a Buzz Lightyear comforter, so I'm thinking if I go with something Disney for Charlotte, that will "match". Let me know how Kate's transition goes!

Angie said...

I think our closest Ikea is in Virginia :(

And I haven't found a good local coffee place, so I frequently give my money to big box Starbucks.

Man, I'm missing out on a lot - and a good breakfast too!

Ro said...

Man, I miss IKEA. They're suppose to open one in Colorado within the next few years... sigh....

Don't bother with the duvets from IKEA. They're okay, but don't hold up well after a few washes (I can't talk about the covers, as we don't own any), but the food - great! IKEA was one of the few places I could go with the kids without getting any arguing. They loved to play, we ate the food (the Greek salad was good), and we got a few useful things. It was fun! I'd join you if I could.