Thursday, February 22, 2007

Other Signs that She's a Big Girl Now

Two other incidents (besides the haircut) transpired today that are evidence of the fact that Padyn is growing up. Both happened at naptime. First, today is the first day that Padyn did not ask for her pacifier at nap time. Back at the beginning of the month we decided to take her pacifier away during her naps. It was the first step on our long road to completely weaning her of it. (She still is choosing it at night, but I think that will occur for a while yet.) So everyday at naptime, she asks for her paci. And everyday I don't give it to her (except for those few days last week when she was sick and I really needed her to nap). And everyday she cries and moans and lets me know what a rotten mother I am. Some days she refuses to sleep and just sits in her room lamenting the absence of her beloved paci. Other days she's awake for an hour and just as I'm about to go free her, she falls asleep. But basically, she has not forgotten that she'd rather nap with her pacifier than without it and she has not forgotten to let me know about it. Until today. No mention. Not a word. There is hope for the nighttime yet. Oh, and of course I didn't remind her that she had forgotten about it. I'm not that stupid.

Secondly, she decided she wanted to nap wearing her underwear instead of her pull-up. Her pull-up is usually dry after her nap, but I just haven't been willing to risk it yet. I hate changing sheets. But what can you do when your little girl tells you she's ready to sleep like a big girl? You say a little prayer of thanks and a little prayer for dryness.

And dry she was. Growing up way too fast, I tell you. Way to fast.

No comments: