Thursday, February 01, 2007

This One's for Ella's Nana

I have been procrastinating about putting up the Kauai pictures on Flickr, but I finally managed to do it this morning. But only because Ella's Nana asked me to. And since she hasn't seen a picture of her most adorable grandchild in weeks (only one blog post from Ella's Mommy while in Hawaii), I'm sure she was going through withdrawal. So, here you go, Mrs. D. Good thing there are a few pictures of little Ella. She is just the cutest thing!

So, I told you before, we were in Kauai for a week (before we went to Oahu) with 5 of my former roommates from college and their families. We stayed in a five bedroom condo just up from the beach. 10 adults and 7 children in one house. You know, it really wasn't that bad. I felt like we did pretty well with the limited space. It helped that it's, you know, Hawaii. Where it's warm. And you can spend a lot of time outside. It did rain a fair bit, though. That was irritating for the first few days. But once it stopped, it was great. You just had to time it right. One day we went down to the beach when it was beautiful and sunny. After an hour or so, we headed home. On the walk back, the clouds rolled in and it started raining. That's just sort of how it was all week.

The girls, Joel and I really didn't do much touring of the island. We were happy to hang out at the pool and the beach between naptimes and eating times. It was just really nice to be with our friends and all their kids. It was quite easy. I miss that.

I didn't manage to get a picture of everyone. Of all the kids, I somehow never got a shot of Emily. I didn't get one of her daddy, either. Nor Odessa's Daddy. I also didn't seem to get any shots of all the kids playing in the family room, which was a daily occurrence. Nor are there any of playing in the pool, which we did most days. Oh well. I guess you just can't document everything.

No comments: