Friday, October 27, 2006

The Dangers of Forward Motion

While Kate is continuing to master the forward motion, I wouldn't call it "crawling" yet. It's more of a foot push/tummy scoot. Regardless, it has added some frustration to Kate's life. I haven't had to worry about her getting too close to the stairs yet nor do I set her down on the tile floor. It's not that. It's that she constantly manages to find the leg of the coffee table or the wall...with her head. I'm surprised she has no bruises. On Tuesday she hit her forehead 3 times in the space of 2 hours. And she wasn't down on the floor that much. I think she starts pushing toys around (right at this moment it's a beach ball) and she follows it-right into hard objects.

Oops, gotta go. She's about to follow it into the fireplace bricks.

No comments: