Monday, October 09, 2006

PUDDLES!

*I promise this will be the last exclamatory title for a while. I don't know what is up with me lately...I just feel like shouting.


It rained last week and one of Padyn's favorite things to do is play in the puddles. Isn't that every child's favorite thing to do when it rains? Let's be honest with ourselves. Unless you are wearing really fabulous, expensive shoes or pants, a little splashing around in puddles is SOOOO much fun.

I had to coach her on the way to school that we DO NOT splash in puddles at school. That will get you in big trouble. We only splash in puddles at home, with Mommy, when we’ve behaved ourselves over the course of the day. She really took this to heart. Waking into school, she purposely walked 2 feet away from every puddle as not to be sucked into the temptation. I was very impressed. See, she really can obey as long as she is highly motivated.

So, after naps, we walked around finding all the puddles in our complex. The sun had come out and it was turning into a gorgeous afternoon. Hard to believe we had had a torrential downpour a few hours before. (BTW-torrential downpour? With two kids? Not so fun getting from the classroom to the car.)

I love this series of pictures. I took it with that nifty little device my camera has that takes photos in rapid succession when you hold the button down. (I have no idea what it's called, as you can probably tell.) When I look through them in Window's Picture Viewer, it looks like one of those flip book cartoons where, when you flip the corners of the book through your fingers, it looks like the cartoon characters are moving. Any idea what I'm talking

about? No? That's ok. Just trust me-it's fun to look at these pictures rapidly in succession. I didn't post them all here because I didn't want to bore you to tears. There are only so many puddle pictures that nonparental viewers can take.













2 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

That's how you get such great pictures! I want a new camera so bad, especially with that feature that you're talking about where it takes a million when you push the button. Aaron has such great facial expressions but I always miss them because it takes my camera forever to snap the picture. Anyway, if you have any contact with Santa, will you let him know?

threeforme said...

That's why I made Daddy buy us the mucho expensivo camera. I had stopped taking pictures of Padyn because the darn thing was so slow, I got no good shots of her. She had moved or turned her head, or what busy doing something else by the time the picture was actually taken. New camera? TOTALLY worth the money.

I'll drop Santa some hints.