Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Not a Huge Hit

On Friday, Kate got her first taste of solids. Judging from the pictures, I don't think she liked it. Not so much.

Here she is in her big highchair awaiting her first meal with a spoon. She looks happy. She looks ready. She even seems excited to be wearing a plastic bib. Then...

She had her first taste. "Um, Mommy? What am I supposed to do with this? I don't think I like it so much."
"But I'll take another bite, just to be sure."

"No, I'm pretty sure. I think it's gross."

"Get it out! Get it out!"


P.S. So I've given her a little cereal everyday since then. The reaction is always the same. Last night we tried with pears. The facial expressions were not quite as sour, but there was still no happiness at the prospect of eating.

8 comments:

Double A's Mom said...

More classic pictures! Love 'em!

Double A's Mom said...

By the way, thanks for the link to my Blog in your sidebar!

threeforme said...

I've been meaning to do it for a while and I kept forgetting. You know how you have all these plans about updating your blog and it never ever happens? Yea, it's like that. But seeing your pumpkin pictures reminded me I needed to do it. Not like it takes that long! So lazy...

Angie said...

Those are some priceless pictures!

Cozy Mom said...

You finally took on the challenge of solids! Try mixing the cereal with apple juice and see if she likes it better. If not you could just keep breast feeding her till she is 2, and then jump straight to real food.

threeforme said...

yea, I think not. I'm already down to one boob. I don't think it's going to last until she's 2. Nor do I want to be lopsided that long. I'm just too vain.

Anonymous said...

Yeah... I don't think I'd like the food either.
Colleen

Ro said...

My Caitlin had the same reaction. I have a friend who says her 16 month old just "doesn't like solids", so she's still breastfeeding (and not giving the solids). (???!!!) While I'm all for that, I just keep giving Caitlin the solids, hoping that she'll like them soon enough.