Monday, October 23, 2006

Updates

*Padyn seemed to recover from her illness by Monday afternoon. She slept all morning, then was herself by 3pm. She went to school on Tuesday, and we went on our trip on Wednesday. She never had a fever, diarrhea, or more vomiting. I still don't know if it was illness or a reaction to bad food. I'm just glad it didn't last long.

*Kate is just about crawling. This Saturday, the 21st, she figured out how to scoot forward on her tummy. She pulls up into her yoga position and pushes forward with her feet. Then she lies back down on her tummy and reaches forward. She repeats the process until she has reached the object of her desire.

*Kate still hates baby food. She refuses to put it in her mouth, and she gags if any happens to get past her lips. I tried to give her a peach slice in that mesh baby feeder thing tonight thinking that if she was in control of putting it in her mouth and she could chomp on it, maybe she would like that better. Not so much. I'm not sure what else to do beyond wait until she has a few teeth and try some table food. Erin, help me out here. Avery did the same thing, right? I'll await your wisdom.


*Padyn is still averse to pooping on the potty. She did it two days in a row this week and was amply rewarded. Then today, back to her diaper during her nap. It really seems to be a case of one step forward, two steps back. I just keep waiting for her to decide she doesn't like it anymore. I hope it's soon.

*Kate has had a cough for over a week now. I orignially thought it was due to her runny nose which I thought was a product of her teething. But we have no teeth, and we have no more runny nose, so I'm not sure what to attribute it to. It's not too bad. She doesn't cought that often anymore, and it doesn't keep her up at night. But it is still around. And it's awful sounding. It sounds like she is choking on something and is going to die. It sounds like she's smoked 5 packs a day for the last 50 years. She really doesn't seem to mind it, though. She has no reaction to it what-so-ever. What a great baby.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Yep, Avery did the same thing. Then when she was sick with diarrhea, the doc said to give her YoBaby yogurt to help slow her bowels down. I told him she doesn't like baby food. He said, "Oh, babies LOVE that stuff. Try it." I did. She loved it. He was right. I just might love him. I've also mixed some baby oatmeal (after making it with formula) in with the yogurt and she ate that too. It just made it not so runny. And ANY time we eat veggies? Avery gets them too (as long as they're soft enough). She'll eat carrot bits, green beans, mashed potatoes (kind of) and she loves fresh soft pear chunks. But I gave the pears to her from my fingers, not the spoon. I think she has an aversion to the spoon for most things.

But try the yogurt! Even Callie likes it better than the Dora/Diego yogurt.

threeforme said...

Thanks, Erin.

Today I was a bad Mommy and gave her 3 new foods at the same time! She seemed to not be completely turned off by the avocado in the mess bag. I may keep trying that for a few days then hit the yogurt.

I was thinking that the runny food might be an issue. I think I'll also try to give her thicker rice cereal and see if she'll do that.

Ro said...

Caitlin also hated real food when I started with her. I held off until 6 months, then tried again.It's been trying to say the least! The persistance has paid off, and she's slowly coming around. I only feed her when she's hungry and wants her bottle. She eats better, and I know that she'll take her bottle later on. Finger food has been a huge hit, and I also feed her food off my fingers. I also think she likes things with flavor. I've had a lot of luck grinding up our food in the baby mill, and feeding her that. It will be nice when she gets teeth, then she can eat more. Good luck with Kate! It's so insanely frustrating when your baby won't eat!