Thursday, October 05, 2006

PUMPKINS!

As if the trip to the duck pond on Tuesday wasn't enough (post right below this one), our playgroup went to the pumpkin patch yesterday. Taking Padyn to this particular pumpkin patch has become a yearly tradition and I'm disappointed that this is the final year the patch will be in operation. Fortunately, I like pumpkin patches so much that we visit 3 or 4 each October. I'm sure I'll be able to get great shots somewhere else. In fact, you'll probably see more on the blog before Halloween. I'll try not to bore you.
This particular patch has a train, some birds in a cage, goats, donkeys, a cow and an automated skeleton that goes off whenever anyone walks past him. Why put this at the entrance of a place that small children frequent? I had to pick Padyn up and carry her out when we were leaving because she was having a meltdown. She refused to walk past it. There was no other way out unless I wanted to hop the fence. Since I had Katelyn in the Bjorn and two little pumpkins I wanted to purchase, that didn't seem like such a hot idea.
Padyn had a great time. We had to ride the train twice. We had to pick up and sit on many many pumpkins. She refused to pet the cow, but she was excited to look at him. And she knew the donkeys where donkeys without me saying so. She didn't want to go in the hay bale maze or in the giant plastic pumpkin, but what do you expect from a child who refused to go near any petting zoo type animal until last Easter? She even picked out two little pumpkins for herself and Katelyn. Kate got the smaller one, of course. (And since we've been home, she keeps wanting to "show Kate her pumpkin." She brings it to her when Kate is sitting in the highchair so she can play with it.)

Kate seemed to enjoy herself, too. She liked hanging out in her friend, Caitlin's, stroller, and she enjoyed playing with the hay. Unfortunately, I discovered that Kate may be allergic to straw. After taking a series of pictures where she was sitting by herself, she managed to fall over and do a face-plant in the hay. See was sneezing for the next 10 minutes. Oh, and you see the pacifier that got dropped in the straw? Don't worry. I was thinking like a good Mommy and didn't give it back to her. If I had, she'd probably still be sneezing. We can't have that. I'm having enough trouble today with her being fussy from her 6 month shots. Or maybe it’s the teeth I think I see coming in. Who knows. Regardless, she had a fun day, too.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Great pumpkin pictures! (and the orange pumpkins make such a great backdrop.)

I am SO CLEVER aren't I?

threeforme said...

Too clever for words...

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

I'm a sucker for the ones with P and K together. Love them!

I can't wait to get out to a Pumpkin Patch! I just can't seem to fathom that it's actually October. It's going to be over before I know it.