Friday, September 21, 2007

Photo Friday

Friday is here again. I actually took pictures this week just for this post. I still didn't take very many, but at least there are a few to share with you.

This first one highlights a new phase in our life...Kate as an artist. Here the girls are, actually sharing the crayons at the little white table. Since Kate isn't so good at drawing on paper yet, I just tape a big sheet down and cover the table so it doesn't really matter where she hits. I do need to work with her more on where is appropriate to draw and where is not. Paper, yes. Mouth, no. Floor, no. It will be a long road, I'm sure.
And speaking of new accomplishments as an artist, look what Padyn can do. I had no idea she could actually draw a person until she brought me this picture the other day. I'm pretty impressed. She must be getting this at school because I certainly have never shown her how to draw people. And frankly, my people drawing skills are about as developed as hers.
Here's our little artist now. This was her this morning when she was "helping" me make oatmeal. Oatmeal that neither she nor her sister ate, by the way.Let me show you Kate's new party trick. Joel and I discovered she could shut her eyes on command the other day. Here's a demonstration of what she does when you say, "Close your eyes, Kate!" I love how she squishes up her face like that. It's so dang cute. Oops...Padyn would tell me I'm not supposed to say "Dang."Kate is having a bit of a rough morning this morning. Her allergies have been bugging her and underneath her nose is all dry and cracked. She's a bit whiny and needy, which is not helpful when I'm trying to pack up and get out of town. So, I'll do anything to keep her happy. Including giving her her toothbrush to practice with. Can you see it? She's brushing BearBear's teeth.Or his nose, more likely.And I'll leave you with this one. Lying on the floor with BearBear and Paci. This sums up her mood this morning.Happy Friday. We'll see you next week.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

OF COURSE Kate's having a morning like that when you're trying to get out of the house and out of town. Of course!

I love her closed-eyes picture! Too cute.

We'll talk soon. Have fun this weekend.