Thursday, September 13, 2007

A "When I'm Four" Sighting

Today I mailed a box of swimsuits that had been left at our house to the W's girls. Knowing how they feel about all things Disney princess-ish, I put them in a Cinderella shoe box that some of Padyn's sandals had come in long ago. I told Padyn nothing about this, but when she got up from her quiet time, she found the box and peeked inside. The following conversation began right after that peek...

"Mommy, I don't want to give away my princess sandals yet. Probably when I'm four I'll give them away to...who lives far away and has blonder hair than me and hits? (Slight pause for pondering)...

Coley! I'll give them to...ummm...red hair....ummm....little sister....ummm....Coley's sister, Jalyn!

And my Dora box and you have to tape it down when I'm four."

I then asked her how she knew I was sending this particular princess box to Coley and Jalyn. She said, "I saw their suits." It was all highly entertaining, on so many levels. A bit confusing, but entertaining nontheless.

So be on the look out for the princess sandals, JayJay. Apparently they are coming your way soon.

2 comments:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Ok, I am HUMILIATED that my daughter is "the blonde one who HITS."

Great.

threeforme said...

That's funny, because I was quite surprised when Padyn said that. I don't really remember that being a big issue with the two of them. I guess kids focus in on different things. I would never classify Coley as "a hitter." Do you even remember C hitting P on the last visit? I remember C hitting J, but not P.