Thursday, November 22, 2007

Five Days of Gratitude-Day 5 Part II

I can't let the Five Days of Gratitude pass without telling you why I'm so grateful for my husband. Therefore, today deserves two posts of gratitude.

I don't think there can ever be another human that loves me more than Joel. And for that I am forever grateful. He accepts my shortcomings and irritable traits (though he doesn't like them) while constantly reaffirming how wonderful he thinks I am, how beautiful he thinks I am, and how lucky he feels to be married to me every day. I feel the same, but can't express it nearly as well as he does. I am grateful that he is free with his words of kindness and love, even when he might be having a hard day or when I'm not as deserving of them. He doesn't want a day to pass where he hasn't told or shown his love to me.

I am not anywhere close to deserving of his love and admiration. Sometimes, I am sad to say, I'm also not very accepting of it. Usually it's because I don't feel I qualify for his praise. But apparently he thinks I do, which means I need to believe it.

I'm so thankful that he agreed to marry me, raise kids with me, and figure out this whole "rest of our life" thing with me. I really really can't see myself doing this with anyone else.

Nor do I want to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's only like that because of all the beatings we gave him. We didn't know it would scar him so positively. Actually we never could beat him because he was always bigger than us. Cerealy, thanks for saying such nice things about him.