Saturday, November 03, 2007

Green Toes and Other Random Facts

It's late, I'm sick and tired, yet it's only day 3 of NaBloPoMo, so I MUST POST today. I can't quit this early in the game.

I debated whether or not to just be lazy and post more Halloween photos, but since I don't have any uploaded on this computer, that's out. And I'm sure there is a funny story or two to tell you about Padyn, Kate and Bella today, but I can't think of any at the moment.

So I am going to tell you about my toes nails. They are green. Not with fungus, no no. They are green with paint. You see, back in September when I went away on that girls' weekend with my college pals, a few of us went and got pedicures. I wanted to be different and daring, so I got green. Deep, rich, metallic green. It's awesome.

And the miracle is, it's still on my toes. There has been no chipping, tearing or any other form of destruction to my polish. Sounds fabulous, right? Not quite. Here's the problem. I can't remove nail polish that still looks good. It goes against all beliefs I have about nail polish. But, I have no green polish, so I can't touch them up in anyway. So what do I have? As my toenails continue to grow out, but my polish stays strong, I have a Green Upside Down French Pedicure. So pretty.

You're jealous, I know.

And you probably want to see a picture. Sorry. I don't have one. I probably never will.

I know the title said "other random facts" but this took longer to write and I'm getting bored, so here a my other random facts:
  • I made tortilla soup for dinner.
  • Bella is staying with us until Tuesday while her parents are on a cruise.
  • I'm still fighting a cold and I think I'm losing.
  • Padyn was a super grouch waking up from her naps two days in a row.
  • My mom is here with her two dogs, Leo and Tori. Kate can say "Tori" very clearly.
  • I haven't checked my email yet today. I think that's a new record.

Ok, I'm off to bed. There may only be Halloween photos tomorrow. I promise to be more creative next week.

3 comments:

Erin said...

I was so disappointed you didn't post a picture of your green toes. And I'd say that post was pretty darn creative.

Unknown said...

I had that kind of pedicure once. It was like magic and stayed on perfectly for over 3 months.

Not green though. ;)

Ro said...

Weird nail polish colors have the best sticking power. White? Blue? On forever. Red? Forget it. Chipping in a day or two!