Sunday, November 18, 2007

Five Days of Gratitude

I was having trouble deciding what to blog about today. I thought about telling you how Padyn refused to take a nap or how bratty she was for the babysitter last night. But I didn't want to write a complaining post, especially since I had a very enjoyable weekend with my cousin, my sister and some good friends. So then I thought I should post something that I'm happy about, but I didn't like that so much either. Then it hit me. Thanksgiving is five days away. Why not set a challenge for myself to post every day this week about what I am grateful for? Feel free to copy.

So, there are many many things I am grateful for, and I can't list them all today. I have to pick just one or two. So today I will tell you how grateful I am for my friends. I was reminded again yesterday (and actually told by someone) what great friends I have. Many are linked over in my sidebar, but there are so many others out there in the world (and I do mean the world). I could only hang out with a few of them last night due to distance or kids or other plans, but it made me think of all of them and how blessed I am. God just keeps bringing these great people into my life who are warm, generous, and genuine. I surely am not that deserving. It's truly something to be grateful for.

Your turn. What are you grateful for this week? Cause really...it can't just be about the turkey and mashed potatoes.

2 comments:

Jen said...

What a great idea! I am going to steal your idea for sure!! But I am going to save it until tomorrow!! Thanks for the idea!!

Oh and yes, having great friends is truly something to be grateful for!!

Unknown said...

Two things...I babysat Padyn for nearly 3 years and I have no idea what you are talking about. She's a character, we had a routine, and I miss her dearly :-)

I agree about the fabulous friends. I just spent 48 hours playing with college friends in NYC. I knew how much I loved them in college, but I would never have guessed I would now spend a large amount of time and money to be in their presence as often as possible. It is most definitely worth it.