Saturday, November 10, 2007

Too Early for This

It's not quite 8am on Saturday morning, yet I can already tell it's going to be a long day. It should end well, but it will take a while to get there.

Padyn has already lost TV priviledges for the day due to the fact that she woke her sister up this morning.

Kate greeted me at 7am screaming since she had completely wet through her diaper and pooped. She was clearly uncomfortable. I still have to change her sheets and wash her blankets.

Padyn's birthday party is tonight. Fortunately, it's at the Little Gym, so I don't have to worry about games or prizes or anything like that. I do, however, still need to clean the house since we have out of town friends staying the night. And since we have all been sick, that means a complete sanitary scrubbing. That should be quite fun since Padyn won't be distracted with the TV.

I have cupcakes to bake and frost. Of course Padyn wants to help, so it will take a bit longer than normal.

I have party favors to bag. I don't think I'll let Padyn help out with those.

I need to remember to give Kate her inhaler.

Oh, and we are supposed to go get our flu shot sometime this morning.

And since I was up 4 or 5 times last night with my own coughing fits, I'd really love to take a nap today. I don't think that's going to happen. I should have made the coffee fully leaded instead of our usual half-caf.

But, like I said, it should end well. We have Padyn's party, some of our best friends are coming, we'll be eating pizza. Good times.

Oh yeah, gotta remember to order the pizza and go to the store to get grown up food.

Is it nap time yet?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good Luck! Sounds like fun filled day!!

Mommy Jules said...

Hope you have a great time!

Susan said...

Happy Birthday P!

Erin said...

Good grief! I hope everything goes well. How fun that Padyn is having her party at Little Gym! So cool.

McReynolds Family said...

I am glad I am not the only one with a sick family and stressful birthdays. I will be praying for a true Sabbath.