Thursday, November 29, 2007

Still Fuzzy

Well, according to X-rays, Kate does not have a fracture in her foot or hip.

Are you tired of me talking about this yet?

I apologize if I've become boring, but it's hard to think of anything else to write about. I've been frustrated by it most of the day. I did talk to a few friends and relatives today to get their expert advice, and the general consensus is it's not unheard of for a kid to have an injury that is not a break that keeps them from walking for a week or more, but she should be seen by an orthopedist just to make sure it's nothing that won't heal on its own.

Since apparently the orthos in our group don't want to see her immediately without an x-ray that shows some type of fracture, I'll be making a bunch of phone calls tomorrow to try to find one that will see her immediately.

But hey, progress tonight. She is crawling! That's something, right? She stood a few times, but I think those were accidents. She was not happy about it. She'd get there, then look at me with this very worried expression and cry while trying to hold her left foot off the floor.

Poor baby.

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Kate. From what I have heard from friends it is not all that uncommon for kids to get a femur fracture. Happened to a friends little boy recently. Didn't show up on x-ray initially. After a couple of x-rays and the fact that he still refused to walk on it they did a cast for 2 weeks. Now he is as good as new.

Anonymous said...

OK...so I didn't sign my post.
Missliss=Melissa Chuidian

Erin said...

I hope you'll be able to find someone who will see her immediately. It's too bad some docs don't think it's necessary to see her since nothing's broken. But obviously something is wrong. I hope the appointment-making goes well.