Saturday, November 18, 2006

Accomplishments

Suddenly within the last couple weeks, Padyn is able to do things that I've been trying to teach her to do for the past 6 months:

ride her bike (peddling AND steering)
color in the lines
trace shapes

The only thing I can figure is that she does all these things at school because she certainly didn't want to hear how to do them from ME. I am amazed that within a short 2 and a half months of school (and that's only 2 days a week, so really we're talking about something like 20 days) she has pulled together all the encouragement, modeling and instruction from the last 6 months and is completely capable of doing these skills. The most amazing thing is I never saw the progress. I feel as if one day she couldn't do it, then the next she could. Well. Without my help. Because she WANTS to.

I never cease to be amazed by my 3 year old.

No comments: