Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Too Soon to Tell

I feel great this morning. GREAT! It is probably due to the fact that I slept 8 hours in a row last night. EIGHT! IN A ROW! This hasn't happened for at least 9 months. Between getting up to pee while pregnant and getting up to feed the babe, I have forgotten what 8 hours in a row feels like.

I turned the light off at 10:05pm and woke up at 6:40am. Of course, my first response was to freak out. Usually I hear from Katelyn a couple times a night, although I don't go in to her room until after 5am to feed her. But 6:40am and I still hadn't heard her. I listened very carefully and a minute or two later, I heard her very quietly talking. She had slept 11 hours!

I don't expect this to continue. I'm going to assume it's a fluke due to teething, possible cold, growth spurts or some other inexplicable reason to break her pattern. That way, when I'm awake at 1:30am, 4am and 5:30am tomorrow morning, I won't be too disappointed.

1 comment:

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Good luck tonight! I'm pullin' for ya!