Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Proof is in the Pictures

My child who doesn't seem to like eating? At least, that doesn't seem to like eating solids? Well, something happened to her this weekend. I'm not sure what, but it must be some personality shift because, now? She's eating. Prunes yesterday and sweet potatoes today. And it appears she likes them. Let us please look at the evidence that supports this conclusion:

Exhibit A: The opening of the mouth for prunes
I decided to try prunes yesterday because her pooping hasn’t been regular lately. I was worried the rice cereal might be messing her up, so I thought we’d go for something a little more complimentary to non-pooping children. I had no idea she’d actually like them. And really, she didn’t just like them, she LOVED them. I’m not sure what the attraction of prunes is, but sign her up.

Exhibit B: Opening her mouth AND reaching for the spoon

Exhibit C: Smiling while eating her sweet potatoes



Exhibit D & E: Trying desperately to get those pesky Cheerios in her mouth

And now for the final, most conclusive proof that Katelyn does seem to like food:

Exhibit F: The empty sweet potato containerThe entire thing. Eaten. Today. In one sitting.

Simply amazing.

5 comments:

kan said...

I personally love the "drunk with swet papa glee" photo!
Good luck with NaBloPoMo!

Cheers,
Kahli

Ro said...

Woo hoo! Food! Finally. I knew she would come around. It took a while for Caitlin as well. Brandon thought food was the most joyous thing I could have introduced to him. Why is he so skinny now?

Double A's Mom said...

Oh, man, I miss that age where they'll eat anything and be happy about it. Aaron hasn't had any vegetables in like forever. I guess I'm going to have to start getting creative.

threeforme said...

Padyn didn't eat vegetables for at least a year. That's not true-she always ate carrots. But still, not anything else. I just loaded her up on the fruits during that period. She did like those Spinach Nuggets. They taste nothing like spinach. More like a chicken nugget. I finally discovered she'd eat veggies in soup, so I bought lots of progresso and made lots of veggie soup. From there, she's slowly been eating them again.

Just hang in there. Just keep offering him stuff. Eventually it will happen. (He might be 30 when it does, but he will.)

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

That picture of the prunes is AWFUL. I mean, great because she's eating the prunes. But she looks like she's gagging!

But empty container! Yay!