Thursday, November 09, 2006

Struggling to Find a Topic

The last couple days I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to post about. Today I'm in a bit of a slump. When I read other blogs, I am reassured that I am not alone. So today, I'll just tell you what we did and that will be that. Not terribly exciting, but hey. I just can't be exciting 7 days a week. Feel free to skip this entry and come back tomorrow when I promise to have pictures from the week.

I've been meaning to take the girls in for a portrait together ever since Katelyn was born. Seven months later, I finally got around to it. It was slightly stressful. I wanted to get them in tomorrow since we have no plans on Fridays, but it being Veteran's Day Observed I couldn't get an appointment outside of naptime. I settled for today at noon, but knew that would be pushing it. Padyn gets out of preschool at 11:30. JCPenney wasn't that far away, but when I went to pick up Padyn I still had to get each of them dressed, fix Padyn's hair, and nurse Kate. We managed to roll into the Portrait Studio a few minutes after noon, albeit, Kate wasn't fed yet, but I knew I'd have to wait. You ALWAYS have to wait. We got the hair straightened and the socks on and the baby fed while we sat around. Why or why do they schedule for a time when they are NEVER ready for you at that time?

I had the girls in matching dresses that my friend Shauna gave to me when Kate was born. Miraculously they both still fit into them. Kate's is 0-3 months and Padyn's is 24 months. They were a bit short, but little girls can get away with short skirts. They looked very cute. Everyone we walked past said so.

Padyn has been in for pictures a number of times, so I knew she would be easy. The hardest part was getting her to really smile. She kept doing that fake "cheese" smile where her eyes are too squinty and her lips are thin lines. Regardless, I think we got a few that really capture her personality right now.

Katelyn was not so happy about the picture taking. Especially when taking them with Padyn. I couldn't get her to smile and she eventually ending up in tears. The ones of just her are cute. Maybe because Padyn was lying on the floor next to the photographer trying to make Kate laugh. But the ones with Padyn she was not happy about. Fortunately, we did get a couple of decent ones. I don't think Kate was ever really smiling, but she's got some cute looks on her face and she doesn't look terribly pained. The photographer was pretty skilled at catching those shots. I was so glad. It really stinks when the photographers aren't very good and you want to scream, "Just give me the camera and let me do it!" That's how I felt last time we took Padyn and Bella in for photos.

After the shoot we had to wait AGAIN because now that they've gone digital it takes longer to get the shots onto the computer for your viewing pleasure. That makes no sense to me, but 15 minutes later we were viewing the photos. The girls did super despite the waiting and the lack of lunch and the slightly stressed mommy. My goal is to get them in every 6 months for shots--around each of their birthdays. We'll see how that holds up next May/April. You can keep me accountable.

And don't worry-I'll share the pictures with you when I get them.

No comments: