Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Lotions + Padyn = Badness

This morning Padyn was awfully quiet. Usually we can hear from her about 7am talking to herself and reading her books. Then at some point, usually around 7:45, she decides it's time to start calling for us. This morning at 7:45 we had still heard nothing, so Joel went in to see what she was up to. Quietness is always a bad sign.

Padyn was sitting on her bed with a tube of Lansinoh Breast Cream in her hands. She had managed to squeeze the thick, gooey cream all over her hands, feet, hair and sheets. Now, if this was regular lotion, it might not be such a big deal. But this stuff? It's thick. And impervious to water. And soap. And wipes. I wiped her off as best as I could, stuck her in the bath, and tried to get it all off. But even after bathing her, I could still feel the residue of the stuff on my hands. So I knew it wasn't going to leave her skin anytime soon. Oh well. At least it's good for her skin.

I have no idea how I'm going to get it off the sheets.

Lesson of the day: Never ever ever leave lotion of any kind in Padyn's room. It doesn't matter if you think she can't reach it. She can.

3 comments:

Cozy Mom said...

I bet that your fancy washing machine has something to say about oil based, sticky, lotion removal. After you figure that out go check my blog, I posted my blog for the week.

Double A's Mom said...

Oh my goodness. Suddenly my sad Aaron-standing-on-the-coffee-table drama doesn't seem so traumatic anymore. I will keep your piece of advice in mind whenever there's something I don't want him to get to.

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Yeah, your Magic Washing Machine doesn't have a Lansinoh setting? What? Take it BACK.

Regular lotion would have been ok, comparitively. Coley has a stuffed doggy that smells like baby lotion. Mmm. I like it!